George Jodoin Murder Case: Where Is Arthur Collins Today?

George Jodoin Murder Case

Murder Comes to Town: The Nightmare After Christmas,’ a documentary on Investigation Discovery, paints a vivid picture of the murder of George Jodoin, who was found shot dead in his Auburn, New Hampshire, home on December 26, 2001.

The inquiry into Geoge’s death, which was determined to be a homicide, dragged on for several years, while the citizens of Auburn were terrified of having a killer in their midst. However, investigators were finally able to bring the offender to justice thanks to a lucky break and a conclusive polygraph test.

Let’s take a closer look at the case and see where George’s killer is right now.

Must Read: Juanita Richardson Murder Case: Where Is Thomas Richardson Today?
How Did George Jodoin Die
George Jodoin, 50, was found dead in his bed two days after Christmas in 2001.

What Caused George Jodoin’s Death?

George Jodoin, a citizen of Auburn, New Hampshire, was a well-respected member of society. He was described as having a great heart and was always willing to help anyone in need.

While George managed a pawn shop in town and was a real estate investor, the show noted that he was always up for an adventure and that the outdoors had a special place in his heart. Furthermore, his friendly demeanour garnered him a large number of friends, making his heinous murder all the more shocking.

On December 26, 2001, 911 operators in Auburn got a call from one of George’s close friends, who claimed to be the first to find the victim’s body. When police arrived at the crime site, they discovered the pawnshop owner shot to death in his master bedroom bed.

The victim looked to have been shot while sleeping, and an examination later revealed that George had died as a result of gunshot wounds to the head and neck. There were no traces of a robbery or forced entry, implying that the murder was committed from within.

Who Killed George Jodoin

Who Killed George Jodoin And Why?

The police were met with a brick wall right at the start of the inquiry because there were little leads or clues to work with. According to the show, George had a large number of female fans who wished to be with him, but their rivalry was not severe enough to lead to murder.

Furthermore, George’s acquaintances stated that the victim was amicable with the majority of people and had no animosity or grudge that would result in bloodshed.

Surprisingly, the show said that upon interviewing the neighbours, the cops discovered that they had heard gunshots from George’s residence all day. However, before a car sped away from the area at night, there was a succession of fast bullets.

Authorities compiled a list of those who were there with the victim on that fatal day, as they felt the murder was an inside operation.

There were three names on the list: Arthur Collins, a handyman who did little jobs for George, Ricky Carron, George’s friend, and George’s business partner.

However, all three insisted on their innocence, and the police were unable to make an arrest because there was no evidence to support their claims. The case laid dormant for years before being revived by detectives in 2011.

George Jodoin Murder

Authorities decided to re-interview everyone involved in the murder in order to find a solution. When questioned, Arthur Collins admitted to having a few beers with the victim but that he had left his house prior to the shooting.

However, Arthur’s alibi did not stack up, and authorities knew they had their man after he failed a mandated lie detection test.

Arthur finally broke down and confessed to the murder after being interrogated for a long time. According to the episode, he said that while he was in George’s house, the victim attempted to sexually assault him, forcing him to commit the cold-blooded murder.

As a result, the police apprehended Arthur Collins and charged him with George’s murder after receiving a comprehensive confession.

Where Is Arthur Collins Now
Arthur Collins was sentenced July 1, 2015 to 30-years-to-life in prison for a murder he committed in 2001.

What Has Happened to Arthur Collins And Where Is He Now?

Arthur accepted a plea deal after being brought to court and pleading guilty to second-degree murder. In 2015, he was sentenced to 30 years in jail as a result of his actions.

As a result, Arthur Collins remains detained at the Northern New Hampshire Correctional Facility in Berlin, New Hampshire, with the possibility of parole in 2042.

Must Read: Michelle Witherell Murder Case: Where Is Jeremy Witherell Today?