Where is Denise Huskins’ Kidnapper Matthew Muller Now?

Where is Denise Huskins' Kidnapper Matthew Muller Now

Matthew Muller Now: Where is Denise Huskins’ Kidnapper Today? – The Harvard-educated Marine was sentenced to 31 years in prison for the kidnapping of a California lady in 2015. He was already serving a 40-year sentence. As part of a plea arrangement with prosecutors, Matthew Muller, 45, filed a no contest plea to two counts of forced rape, robbery, burglary, and false imprisonment in Solano County Superior Court.

Muller’s 31-year sentence will run concurrently with the 40-year sentence he received in 2017 for federal crimes, according to the Solano County District Attorney’s Office.

Denise Huskins, who authorities claim was abducted from her boyfriend’s house in 2015, is the subject of the latest state charges. She was then kidnapped and sexually assaulted by a group of guys, with her boyfriend Aaron Quinn compelled to make payments to ensure her safe return.

20/20: Gone Girl‘ on ABC, Aaron Quinn and Denise Huskins were the victims of a home invasion and kidnapping in 2015, and they went from victims to suspects in a matter of days. At first, the authorities assumed it was a staged incident since their reports of what happened sounded too dramatic and had a remarkable resemblance to the book and picture ‘Gone Girl.’

The physical evidence, on the other hand, quickly revealed that Matthew Muller was the perpetrator. So, shall we find out everything there is to know about him and his current location?

Must Read: Trey Zwicker Murder – Where are Josh Young and Joshua Gouker Now?

Who is Matthew Muller

Who is Matthew Daniel Muller?

Matthew Daniel Muller, unlike most offenders, served in the Marine Corps from 1995 to 1999 and received a summa cum laude from Pomona College in California before going on to Harvard Law School. Matthew was able to secure a solid work as an immigration attorney at a San Francisco law company as a former decorated officer with qualifications that demonstrated his intelligence.

Despite this, he was permanently disbarred in 2015 after filing for bankruptcy and being accused of failing to refund nearly $1,250 to a client when a judge ordered it for failure to provide competent representation.

Denise Huskins and Aaron Quinn’s property invasion and abduction case occurred the same year. However, Matthew was identified as a suspect three months later, on June 5, when he attempted to break into another residence in California. After all, the events had followed a similar pattern.

The only difference was that the victims were able to successfully attack and scare their attacker into fleeing before any harm was done. Matthew had dropped his phone in the process, causing the officials to return to him, resulting in a major breakthrough.

Upon further investigation, it was discovered that, despite the fact that he had never been prosecuted or arrested, he had been labelled a suspect in several other home invasion and burglary cases in California towns. Some of these date back to 2009 and include specific specifics.

A search of his family’s home turned up not only many squirt guns with laser pointers strapped to them and blacked-out swimming goggles, but also video proof proving he was Denise and Aaron’s assailant. Matthew’s intended target was Aaron and his ex-fiancée, but his actions make little impact.

Where is Matthew Muller Now

What Happened to Matthew Muller and Where Is He Now?

On June 8, 2015, Matthew Muller was arrested in South Lake Tahoe and accused in federal court of kidnapping for ransom. Aaron was not charged with the linked criminal offences of sexual assault and robbery because the federal court had no jurisdiction over them.

Matthew pleaded guilty to the charge against him in 2016 and was sentenced to 40 years in prison. Matthew was ordered to take antipsychotic medication until he was certified mentally competent after being judged mentally incompetent to stand trial.

Matthew appeared in court via Zoom from Napa State Hospital in California in March 2022. He subsequently entered a plea of not guilty to two counts of forcible rape. Matthew also admitted to robbery in an occupied house, residential burglary, and false imprisonment.

As a result, he was sentenced to 31 years in prison, which will run concurrently with his 40-year sentence. Despite the fact that Matthew’s last known location is the Napa State Hospital, it appears that he will serve his time in federal prison. Matthew is set to be released in the year 2049.

Recommended: Dr. Barnett Slepian Murder: Where is James Charles Kopp Now?