Hulu’s Web of Death: Facebook Live: NeKeisha Hawkins Murder

NeKeisha Hawkins murder

Hulu’s “Web of Death: Facebook Live”: – NeKeisha Hodges-Hawkins was brutally killed in July 2011, in full view of multiple witnesses and during daylight hours. This horrifying event occurred in Michigan City, Indiana, and residents were there to see it. In spite of the fact that it appeared at first that there was no room for doubt in the matter, none of the witnesses were willing to speak with law enforcement officials. As a result, it took 7 years before justice was finally served.

The heinous murder is recounted in the documentary series ‘Web of Death: Facebook Live,’ which is available on Hulu. The series shows how NeKeisha’s father was determined to seek justice for his only child, ultimately leading to the perpetrator being sentenced to prison for the appropriate amount of time. Let’s investigate the circumstances surrounding the heinous crime and see if we can find out where NeKeisha Hodges-Hawkins’ assailant is hiding out at the moment, shall we?

Must Read: Where is Stephany Flores Ramírez’s Killer ‘Joran Van Der Sloot’ Now?

How Did NeKeisha Hodges-Hawkins Die

How Did NeKeisha Hodges-Hawkins Die?

NeKeisha Hodges-Hawkins, who was born and raised in Michigan City, Indiana, was the shining star in her mother and father’s lives. The adolescent girl, who was 17 years old at the time, was described as a bubbly and easygoing young lady who cherished the time she spent with her pals and harboured lofty goals for the future in the form of a desire to become a pediatrician. Those who were familiar with NeKeisha spoke highly of her helpful and friendly demeanour, noting that it was one of the reasons she had such a large circle of friends and that her community cherished her. In addition, at the time of the murder, she was only 18 years old and could not wait to see what the world had in store for her. At the time of the murder, she was only four days away from turning 18.

Unfortunately, a crime that was motivated by rage ended up destroying NeKeisha’s dreams and forcing her father to fight a battle that lasted almost seven years before it was finally resolved. She made the decision to go to a party on July 24, 2011, and it was held at Krueger Memorial Park in Michigan City, Indiana. When emergency dispatchers at 911 received frantic calls around 11 o’clock from Memorial Park about a possible shooting, the teenager had only been out of the house for about 15 minutes at that point. The first responders arrived at the scene in record time and discovered a large crowd of people assembled around a body that was lying on the ground.

As they got closer to the commotion, they saw what appeared to be the body of a young girl in blood. Apparently, she had been murdered. The initial medical examination revealed that the victim had been shot. An autopsy was performed after the body was recognized as belonging to NeKeisha Hodges-Hawkins. The results of the examination revealed that she had died as a result of multiple gunshot wounds. In addition, there were nearly 150 eyewitnesses present at the party, so the police were optimistic that they would be able to make an early breakthrough in the investigation.

Who Killed NeKeisha Hodges-Hawkins

Who is Responsible for the Death of NeKeisha Hodges-Hawkins?

As a result of the lack of leads, the investigation into the murder of NeKeisha Hodges-Hawkins dragged on for many years before finally concluding. Police interrogated the people at the party, but most guests remained silent about the situation. So there was virtually no information from the witnesses, and the investigation came to a complete and utter halt.

A party guest named Charles Gerron III, who was 16 years old and had surprisingly changed his clothes just for the interview. In addition, his mother was present during the interview, and both she and he refuted the notion that the young man had anything to do with NeKeisha’s passing. Even though there were no new leads or witness information, the case was closed, but NeKeisha’s father, Kalvon Hawkins, would not give up his pursuit of justice for his daughter.

Kalvon was aware of the rumours that circulated about a possible suspect, so he persisted in searching through social networking sites until he discovered evidence that pointed to Charles Gerron III possibly having some connection to the heinous crime. Following the father’s immediate decision to report the information to the authorities, which was followed by Kalvon’s decision to begin live streaming his investigations on Facebook, the episode stated that law enforcement officials were unable to provide much assistance. By doing so, he was able to amass a sufficient amount of support and even launch a crowdsourcing campaign to raise funds for monetary rewards to be offered to anyone who would come forward with information that was essential.

The backing that Kalvon received eventually persuaded the authorities to take some kind of action. Following a thorough investigation, Charles was taken into custody for his involvement in criminal activity. But Kalvon still had an uphill battle ahead of him when he learned that Charles could potentially be offered a plea bargain that would see him spend only a few days in jail if he pled guilty. Because of Kalvon’s public appeal for support, many members of the community flooded the office of the prosecuting attorney to express their opposition to the proposed plea bargain.

Eventually, Charles was brought before a judge for NeKeisha’s murder, where he entered a not-guilty plea. During the course of the trial, it appeared that Charles had sustained a gunshot wound in his leg. Even though he claimed that he was shot in a drive-by, the prosecution was able to prove that the wound was self-inflicted, which is evidence that the suspect was in possession of firearms. Therefore, after carefully considering the evidence, the jury decided to convict Charles of murder, which resulted in him receiving a sentence of fifty years in prison in the year 2017.

After receiving his sentence, Charles Gerron III made several attempts to have his conviction overturned, but he was ultimately unsuccessful in doing so. As a consequence of this, he is still serving his sentence at the Indiana State Prison in Michigan City, Indiana, with the possibility that he will be released in the year 2040.

Where Is Charles Gerron III Now?

Luckily, Kalvon’s story didn’t end there; he later found out that the state was willing to offer Charles a plea deal that would result in a sentence of only a few days in jail if he pled guilty. Since Kalvon refused to accept such a middle ground, he once again resorted to social media to rally support for a harsher punishment from the prosecution’s office. Because of this, Charles was eventually taken to court for NeKeisha’s murder, despite his protestations of innocence and his insistence on presenting his proof.

It appeared during the trial that Charles had been shot in the leg. Despite his claims of being the victim of a drive-by shooting, the prosecution produced evidence indicating he had shot himself. One of the reasons Charles was found guilty of murder was due to the fact that he was armed.

The judge imposed a fifty-year prison term on him as a direct result of this in 2017. Since then, Charles has tried multiple times in vain to get his conviction annulled. Because of this, he is still in prison as of the year 2040, and he will not be released from the Indiana State Prison in Michigan City, Indiana.

Read Also : Gretchen Anthony’s Murder: Where is The Covid Killer Now?