Hang Lee Missing: Where is Mark Steven Wallace Now?

Hang Lee Found Or Missing

Hang Lee Found or Missing: Where is Mark Steven Wallace Now? – Since 1993, Hang Lee, 17, has been missing and is believed to be dead. Mark Wallace, the final witness to her survival, has now been civilly committed as a “sexually dangerous person.”

When Hang Lee left her Saint Paul, Minnesota, home in 1993 and never returned, she left her brother Koua with a mysterious note. Even though Hang’s family members and the police combed the neighbourhood, there was no word of the missing teen. In “MISSING: Hang Lee,” telecasted by Crime Junkie, the enigmatic disappearance is detailed, along with the subsequent investigation’s valiant efforts to solve the case. Let’s investigate the incident’s specifics and determine whether Hang Lee has been located.

Must See: Shakara Carter Murder: Who Killed Her and Why?

What Happened to Hang Lee

What Happened to Hang Lee?

Senior at Highland Park High School, Hang Lee was 17 years old and lived with her family in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Hang had high goals for the future and was very close to her family, especially her brother Koua Lee. In addition, she was eager to leave high school and face the world. Hang was adored by all and was described as a metalhead who also worked part-time at a nearby cafe to supplement his income.

Surprisingly, Hang called her company on the evening of January 12, 1993, and told them she was heading to a job interview. The following night, Hang went out with her friend Nikki and reportedly told her brother Koua, “If I don’t come home, come and look for me because I don’t trust Nikki,” which was a weird request to make, but Koua didn’t think much of it and went to sleep. He planned to face Nikki when he realised his sister hadn’t come home the following morning.

Strangely, Nikki asserted that she was unaware of Hang’s departure and was unsure of his whereabouts at the time. Hang’s family alerted the authorities about her disappearance out of worry and anxiety. According to sources, Hang had previously fled her house before going missing. Furthermore, Nikki admitted to the police that she was with a few “white friends” when she dropped Hang off, leading them to assume that the 17-year-old may have fled with them. As a result, the case is said to have been dormant for six months because the police did not label it a missing person case.

But Hang’s family was desperate to find out what had happened. Authorities took the issue seriously and hauled Nikki in for additional questioning once they started handing out leaflets throughout the neighbourhood. She then revealed to them that she and her companion had met Mark Steven Wallace, the person who had offered the interview, the evening of Hang’s disappearance. Furthermore, Nikki asserted that Mark had dropped her off before taking Hang in his car and leaving. When questioned, Mark stated that he knew nothing about the missing teen’s whereabouts and denied any role in the crime.

Where is Mark Steven Wallace Now

Is Hang Lee Found or Still Missing? Where is Mark Steven Wallace Now?

Unfortunately, Hang Lee has been missing since then, even though the police still consider the case under investigation. Hang’s family also held a spirit release ritual for her to acknowledge her passing. Mark Steven Wallace had two rape convictions, which the police learned when they started investigating him. As a result, they concentrated their inquiry on him and even searched his home, office, and truck, but in vain. Mark insisted on his innocence despite the lack of any evidence linking him to the crime.

The issue then went idle until 2009, when Mark’s mother’s neighbour revealed that he was shocked to discover a carport built hastily on her property in 2004. The police obtained warrants to investigate the garage and even used sniffer dogs to search it, but nothing came of the probe. Mark was detained in 2017 for a separate offence. Hang’s family staged a spirit release ceremony for the adolescent around the same time, finally acknowledging that she had left this world.

Brother of Hang was determined to get the answers and would not give up. On the other side, in 2019, detectives discovered that Mark was doing time for a separate offence and was about to be released from jail. However, the prosecution was unwilling to let him leave and requested the judge send him to the Moose Lake, Minnesota, Sex Offender Program. Ultimately, Mark was committed to the Moose Lake Facility, where he is still today, following testimony from both the prosecution and law enforcement personnel.

Read Also: William Brooks Murder: How Did Killer John Brady Die?