How Did Eduardo Valseca’s Wife Jayne Valseca Die?

How Did Jayne Valseca Die

How Did Eduardo Valseca’s Wife Jayne Valseca Die? What was the cause of death? – Jayne Valseca appeared to have everything she ever desired: a devoted husband, a lovely family, and a quiet existence in a little town. Her life, however, was irrevocably transformed in June 2007, when her husband, Eduardo Valseca, was kidnapped.

NBC News’ ‘Dateline: The Ranch‘ follows Jayne’s journey to securely return Eduardo to his family while caring for her children and negotiating with the kidnappers. So, if you’re wondering what happened to Jayne, you’re in luck.

Read Also: Where Is Kidnapping Survivor Eduardo Valseca Now?
Who Was Jayne Valseca
Jayne Valseca married Eduardo Valseca on July 9, 1994

Jayne Valseca: Who Was She?

Jayne Valseca (née Rager) was born on September 5, 1966, in Silver Spring, Maryland, near Washington, DC. She went to the University of Maryland after high school before deciding to pursue acting. Jayne lived in New York and Los Angeles, California, while pursuing her dream.

She was a small character in soap operas and movies like ‘Loving’ and ‘Stella.’ She had moderate success and appeared in various ads. Eduardo and Jayne met in the parking lot of a Maryland supermarket in 1992.

Jayne worked in real estate at the time, while Eduardo was an art dealer and investor. They started dating and quickly fell in love. Eduardo and Jayne came to the property near San Miguel de Allende after marrying on July 9, 1994. Fernando, Emiliano, and Nayah were the couple’s first three children. Jayne worked hard to develop a cactus farm, and she and her husband also founded a Waldorf school, which their children attended.

Eduardo and Jayne dropped the kids off at school on the morning of June 13, 2007. Jayne observed a car following them out of the parking lot, and a pickup truck appeared shortly after. The pair were boxed in by these two cars, and men in masks attacked them, first Eduardo, then Jayne. They loaded the two into an SUV and drove away. Jayne noticed Eduardo was being hurried away to another car after a while. She caught a glimpse of the licence plate of the vehicle that was leaving with her husband while their heads were covered with pillowcases.

Jayne was still chained and alone at this time. Although an older man assisted her, no one else in their vehicle came to a halt. As a result, Jayne claims she leaped in front of a bus in an attempt to contact authorities.

Because no one on the bus had a phone, she hired a cab to call the cops. Jayne later discovered a message from the kidnappers near the car in which she had been left. It instructed her to use an email address for incoming correspondence and to wait for additional instructions.

She received an email after about five days of waiting, instructing her to communicate solely through newspaper advertisements and demanding $8 million in ransom for Eduardo’s release. Jayne, on the other hand, was well aware that she lacked that kind of cash. When she notified the kidnappers about her financial situation, they didn’t back down. They sent her images of Eduardo as well as the writings he had written. Some even accused her of abandoning him, but Jayne believed her husband was compelled to write those letters.

Jayne tried to sell some of their belongings, livestock, and machinery but was only able to raise $20,000. Authorities told her about three months into the experience that the group that kidnapped Eduardo was infamous for keeping victims for long periods of time.

She then resolved to reclaim some sort of normalcy in her life by establishing a schedule and returning to the activities she enjoyed before the kidnapping. Jayne didn’t eat much in the days following her kidnapping, living on tea, orange juice, and chicken soup.

Jayne eventually received a considerable sum of money from two people who sought anonymity. The kidnappers reportedly made a bargain for less than $1 million. Eduardo returned home in late January 2008, more than seven months after his kidnapping, after following all of the instructions for the money drop. Jayne’s homemade banana pancakes were the first item he requested.

What Caused Jayne Valseca's Death
Jayne died of breast cancer on May 3, 2012.

What Caused Jayne Valseca’s Death?

While one of the men who brought the money to the drop point was kidnapped, he was freed without a ransom a few months later. The family later relocated to Maryland’s suburbs. Jayne later stated that she had been coping with a personal problem throughout the kidnapping ordeal: she was in remission from stage 4 inflammatory breast cancer. Jayne found that Eduardo’s cancer had returned barely two weeks after he got home, and this time it was terminal.

Jayne underwent her therapy with the help of her loved ones, and she even advocated for kidnap victims in Mexico by appearing on television and demonstrating in front of the White House. She even authored a book on her experiences with her co-author.

However, Jayne died of breast cancer complications on May 3, 2012, at her home in Potomac, Maryland. At the time, she was 45 years old. Eduardo thought the cancer had aggravated since she was stressed during the kidnapping at the time.

Recommended: Where is ‘Ricardo Palma Salamanca’ Now?